WESTPORT, Conn. - A 68-year-old man was struck and killed Saturday night by a car while apparently attempting to cross Post Road, Westport police say.
Bruce Tabackman, of Fairfield, was pronounced dead after Westport EMS brought him to Norwalk Hospital.
Police were notified that the accident occurred at around 6 p.m. According to the report, police found the body of Tabackman on the side of the road going towards Westport.
According to the preliminary investigation, Tabackman was crossing the road outside a cross walk near the Shake Shack, Westport Police Captain Sam Arciola said in a statement. The driver of the car that supposedly struck Tabackman was not injured the report said. The drivers name has not yet been released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation by the Westport Police Department Accident Investigation Unit and Detective Bureau.
The department is asking anyone who may have witnessed the accident to contact the Westport Police Department at 203-341-6000.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 IRS Warns Westport Residents Of Phone Scam