WESTPORT, Conn. - A 68-year-old man was struck and killed Saturday night by a car while apparently attempting to cross Post Road, Westport police say.
Bruce Tabackman, of Fairfield, was pronounced dead after Westport EMS brought him to Norwalk Hospital.
Police were notified that the accident occurred at around 6 p.m. According to the report, police found the body of Tabackman on the side of the road going towards Westport.
According to the preliminary investigation, Tabackman was crossing the road outside a cross walk near the Shake Shack, Westport Police Captain Sam Arciola said in a statement. The driver of the car that supposedly struck Tabackman was not injured the report said. The drivers name has not yet been released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation by the Westport Police Department Accident Investigation Unit and Detective Bureau.
The department is asking anyone who may have witnessed the accident to contact the Westport Police Department at 203-341-6000.
- 1 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 2 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48