WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Police Department was still searching Friday for two pitbulls that were reported acting aggressively in the area of Hillspoint Road on Wednesday night, police said.
Sightings of the dogs were reported Wednesday night and early Thursday on Compo Road South, Hillspoint Road, Imperial Avenue and area side streets, police said.
“It is encouraging to us that there have been no recent sightings of the two dogs,” Capt. Sam Arciola said Friday afternoon. “We are hoping that their unknown owner or owners have taken possession of them again.”
Police were called to Hillspoint Road on Wednesday evening on a report of two pitbulls acting aggressively. Officers tried to capture the dogs, but they ran off, prompting police to issue a CodeRED telephone message to residents.
One of the dogs is described as gray and white, and the other as brindle and white. (Click here to see an example of brindle.)
Residents are advised not to approach the dogs if they see them and should call the police non-emergency line at 203-341-6000.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 3 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport
- 4 Westport Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Westport Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend