WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport police made two drunken-driving arrests on Thursday, including one in which the front bumper was hanging off the vehicle, police said.
While on patrol, officers saw a vehicle getting off Interstate 95 at Exit 17 that had no driver-side headlight and had its front bumper hanging off, police said.
Officers stopped the car and approached the driver, identified as Michelle Davila, 38, of Fairfield, and noticed a strong smell of alcohol, police said.
Davila failed roadside sobriety tests and was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, police said. She was released on $1,500 bond and given a court date of June 30.
Jonathan Paszek, 27, of Westport, was also arrested Thursday on a drunken-driving charge after failing to stop at a stop sign, police said. Officers detected a strong odor of alcoholic after stopping his car, police said.
Paszek failed roadside sobriety tests and was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs and failure to obey a stop sign, police said. He was released after posting $500 bond and given a court date of June 30.
In other arrests, Westport police said:
- Daniel Lewis, 27, of Norwalk, turned himself in on an arrest warrant Tuesday charging him with failure to appear on charges stemming from a 2013 arrest. Lewis was released after posting $500 bond and was given a court date of June 27 at Norwalk Superior Court.
- After a motor vehicle stop, Jezreel Lignor, 25, of Ansonia, was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of possession of narcotics and two counts of possession of a prescription outside of proper container. Lignor was released on $1,000 bond and issued a court date of June 27 at Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Westport Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Westport Activates Emergency Operations Center For Snowmageddon2015