WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport police arrested two people suspected of stealing clothing from the Anthropolige in downtown Westport, police said.
At about 2:55 p.m. Friday, officers responded to the clothing store at 1365 Post Road E. on a report of a larceny, police said in a statement.
Two employees had confronted a man as he was leaving the store and he pushed them out of the way, police said. While responding to the scene, Officer Thomas Casimiro saw a vehicle leaving the parking lot at a high rate of speed and conducted a motor vehicle stop, police said.
Other officers responded to the store and spoke to witnesses, who said the male and female suspects had got into the vehicle that Casimiro had stopped, police said.
Casimiro saw numerous items of clothing that had been stolen from the store in the vehicle, police said.
Luz Barbosa, 58, of Flushing, Queens, N.Y., and Jose Meneses, 63, of Hoboken, N.J., were arrested and taken into custody.
Meneses was charged with third-degree robbery and third-degree larceny. Barbosa was charged with third-degree conspiracy to commit robbery and third-degree larceny.
Barbosa was on $30,000 bond, and Meneses was released after posting $30,000 bond. Both were assigned a court date of July 9 at Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad
- 3 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced