WESTPORT, Conn. – A 43-year-old Westport woman is facing a felony charge after her 2-year-old daughter was found wandering the street in 20 degree cold Saturday evening, police said.
Officers were called to Murvon Court after a neighbor reported seeing the girl walking outside wearing adult slippers, pajama pants and a long-sleeve shirt, police said. The roadway was covered in snow from the night before, according to the police report.
The neighbor took the girl in until police arrived. It was later determined that the girl’s mother, Tinatin Crouch, left the child and her 15-year-old sibling home to go to the store, police said. The 2-year-old was asleep when Crouch left the home, and apparently wandered out while the older sibling was asleep, the police report said.
Crouch was charged with risk of injury to a child, a felony. She was released on a $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 5.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 3 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Westport