WESTPORT, Conn. – A 67-year-old Westport man accused of sexually assaulting a child was arrested at his home Monday and charged with risk of injury to a child and fourth-degree sexual assault, both felonies, police said.
Victor Corso, of Hillandale Road, is accused of sexually assaulting a child he recently babysat, Capt. Sam Arciola said in a statement. Corso teaches chemistry at Brien McMahon High School on Highland Avenue in Norwalk.
On Dec. 26, police received a complaint from the Department of Children and Families about a suspected child-abuse case, Arciola said. The alleged incident happened while Corso was babysitting the child at his home in December, Arciola said.
Due to the nature of the case, the age of the child was not released nor was the exact date of the alleged incident, Arciola said.
The Detective Bureau, working with DCF, began an investigation. Detectives arrested Corso on Monday on a warrant and searched his home.
Corso was held on $150,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
Norwalk school system officials did not immediately reply to requests for comment.
According to his webpage on the Norwalk Public Schools website, Corso was a chemical and technology engineer for 20 years before making a change to teach high school. The companies he has worked for include Olin Corp. in Stamford.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks