WESTPORT, Conn. – A Westport man who passed himself off as a lawyer to represent a woman in court was charged Tuesday in Trumbull with first-degree larceny and practicing law without a license, reports the Connecticut Post.
Stephen R. Krawitz, 62, settled the car crash lawsuit for the woman and kept more than $30,000 of the settlement for his own “legal fee,” according to the report.
To read the full story at the Connecticut Post, click here.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 21 Percent In Westport
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Westport
- 5 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team