WESTPORT, Conn. – A Westport man who passed himself off as a lawyer to represent a woman in court was charged Tuesday in Trumbull with first-degree larceny and practicing law without a license, reports the Connecticut Post.
Stephen R. Krawitz, 62, settled the car crash lawsuit for the woman and kept more than $30,000 of the settlement for his own “legal fee,” according to the report.
To read the full story at the Connecticut Post, click here.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Search Begins Off Coast Of Westport For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 4 Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Westport Cars
- 5 UPDATE: Gas Leak Closes Main Street In Westport