WESTPORT, Conn. – A Westport man who passed himself off as a lawyer to represent a woman in court was charged Tuesday in Trumbull with first-degree larceny and practicing law without a license, reports the Connecticut Post.
Stephen R. Krawitz, 62, settled the car crash lawsuit for the woman and kept more than $30,000 of the settlement for his own “legal fee,” according to the report.
To read the full story at the Connecticut Post, click here.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters