WESTPORT, Conn. – A Westport man who passed himself off as a lawyer to represent a woman in court was charged Tuesday in Trumbull with first-degree larceny and practicing law without a license, reports the Connecticut Post.
Stephen R. Krawitz, 62, settled the car crash lawsuit for the woman and kept more than $30,000 of the settlement for his own “legal fee,” according to the report.
To read the full story at the Connecticut Post, click here.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 3 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Police: Second Swastika Found At Wilton High School