WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Firefighters were called to a commercial building on Post Road West on Tuesday, Jan. 7 for a small bathroom fire, fire officials announced.
The fire was reported at 55 Post Road W. shortly before 9 p.m. Arriving firefighters were met by two employees who said they smelled something burning in a back stairwell of the building, Lt. Joseph Izzo said.
Firefighters found and extinguished a small fire in first floor bathroom, said Izzo. Smoke was ventilated using fans and the fire was investigated by the Westport Fire Marshal’s Office.
The cause was determined to be a door that was propped open against a wall mounted heater, Izzo said. The scene was cleared by 10 p.m.