WESTPORT, Conn. -- Two men were charged with violating protective orders by sending unwanted text and voice messages to women in separate cases, Westport police said.
Anthony J. Torre, 57, of Derby, was arrested Monday morning after he turned himself in at the Westport Police Department on an outstanding arrest warrant. Torre was charged with criminal violation of a protective order after sending voice and text messages to his ex-wife, police said. He was released on $2,500 bond for a June 16 appearance in Norwalk Superior Court.
In the other incident, Terrance S. Cummings, 32, of Norwalk, turned himself in Friday on an outstanding arrest warrant stemming from sending text messages to his ex-girlfriend in violation of a court order of protection, police said.
Cummings was charged with criminal violation of protective order. He posted $2,500 bond and was scheduled to appear in court on June 16 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Westport
- 2 Westport Investment Adviser Who Defrauded Clients Gets One Year In Prison
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Westport