WESTPORT, Conn. – Two drivers were hospitalized Friday afternoon after a five-car accident on Westport’s Riverside Avenue, fire officials said.
The crash happened shortly after 3:30 p.m. near Raymond Place, Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar said. Emergency personnel assessed injuries and stabilized the vehicles involved, said Kepchar.
The two injured drivers were transported to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS. Firefighters helped secure the vehicles for towing and cleaned up spilled fluids, Kepchar said.
As of 5 p.m., Westport police and fire units were still at the accident scene. The incident was being investigated by police.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 3 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy
- 4 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight