WESTPORT, Conn. – Two drivers were hospitalized Friday afternoon after a five-car accident on Westport’s Riverside Avenue, fire officials said.
The crash happened shortly after 3:30 p.m. near Raymond Place, Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar said. Emergency personnel assessed injuries and stabilized the vehicles involved, said Kepchar.
The two injured drivers were transported to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS. Firefighters helped secure the vehicles for towing and cleaned up spilled fluids, Kepchar said.
As of 5 p.m., Westport police and fire units were still at the accident scene. The incident was being investigated by police.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Westport Man Charged With Failing To Register On Sex Offender List
- 3 Westport Man Charged With Strangling His Wife
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director