WESTPORT, Conn. – Two drivers were hospitalized Friday afternoon after a five-car accident on Westport’s Riverside Avenue, fire officials said.
The crash happened shortly after 3:30 p.m. near Raymond Place, Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar said. Emergency personnel assessed injuries and stabilized the vehicles involved, said Kepchar.
The two injured drivers were transported to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS. Firefighters helped secure the vehicles for towing and cleaned up spilled fluids, Kepchar said.
As of 5 p.m., Westport police and fire units were still at the accident scene. The incident was being investigated by police.
- 1 Westport Man, 35, Arrested On Drug Charges After Traffic Stop
- 2 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 3 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 4 Westport Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 5 Greenwich Announces Middle School Principal Is Moving To Westport Job