WESTPORT, Conn. – Two drivers were hospitalized Friday afternoon after a five-car accident on Westport’s Riverside Avenue, fire officials said.
The crash happened shortly after 3:30 p.m. near Raymond Place, Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar said. Emergency personnel assessed injuries and stabilized the vehicles involved, said Kepchar.
The two injured drivers were transported to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS. Firefighters helped secure the vehicles for towing and cleaned up spilled fluids, Kepchar said.
As of 5 p.m., Westport police and fire units were still at the accident scene. The incident was being investigated by police.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk
- 5 Westport Father, Daughter Play In Stamford At Young Artists Gala