WESTPORT, Conn. – Two drivers were hospitalized Friday afternoon after a five-car accident on Westport’s Riverside Avenue, fire officials said.
The crash happened shortly after 3:30 p.m. near Raymond Place, Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar said. Emergency personnel assessed injuries and stabilized the vehicles involved, said Kepchar.
The two injured drivers were transported to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS. Firefighters helped secure the vehicles for towing and cleaned up spilled fluids, Kepchar said.
As of 5 p.m., Westport police and fire units were still at the accident scene. The incident was being investigated by police.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 21 Percent In Westport
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Westport
- 5 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team