WESTPORT, Conn. — A 49-year-old Norwalk man was arrested early Sunday in Westport and charged with drunken driving after a patrol officer spotted a car driving recklessly on South Compo Road, police say.
When the officer stopped the vehicle, the driver —later identified as John Mages— smelled of alcohol, the arrest report says. Mages was subsequently asked to perform roadside sobriety tests, police say.
After failing the tests, Mages was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor. He was also charged with failure to drive in the proper lane and disobeying the signal of an officer.
He was held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 19.
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich