WESTPORT, Conn. — A 49-year-old Norwalk man was arrested early Sunday in Westport and charged with drunken driving after a patrol officer spotted a car driving recklessly on South Compo Road, police say.
When the officer stopped the vehicle, the driver —later identified as John Mages— smelled of alcohol, the arrest report says. Mages was subsequently asked to perform roadside sobriety tests, police say.
After failing the tests, Mages was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor. He was also charged with failure to drive in the proper lane and disobeying the signal of an officer.
He was held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 19.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy