WESTPORT, Conn. — A 49-year-old Norwalk man was arrested early Sunday in Westport and charged with drunken driving after a patrol officer spotted a car driving recklessly on South Compo Road, police say.
When the officer stopped the vehicle, the driver —later identified as John Mages— smelled of alcohol, the arrest report says. Mages was subsequently asked to perform roadside sobriety tests, police say.
After failing the tests, Mages was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor. He was also charged with failure to drive in the proper lane and disobeying the signal of an officer.
He was held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 19.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight