WESTPORT, Conn. — A 49-year-old Norwalk man was arrested early Sunday in Westport and charged with drunken driving after a patrol officer spotted a car driving recklessly on South Compo Road, police say.
When the officer stopped the vehicle, the driver —later identified as John Mages— smelled of alcohol, the arrest report says. Mages was subsequently asked to perform roadside sobriety tests, police say.
After failing the tests, Mages was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor. He was also charged with failure to drive in the proper lane and disobeying the signal of an officer.
He was held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 19.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport