DARIEN, Conn. – The investigation into the death of 55-year-old Darien resident Kevin Murphy, who was struck by a Metro-North train Monday, is continuing, and railroad officials are seeking help in solving the incident.
Murphy was killed Monday just after 6:30 a.m. when he was struck by a train at the Noroton Heights station, and Metropolitan Transportation Authority police are still piecing together the events immediately preceding the accident.
The MTA said Murphy was located on the track adjacent to the station’s westbound platform when he was struck.
According to MTA spokesman Aaron Donovan, the MTA “has no reason to suspect that any sort of foul play was involved in this accident,” but they are reaching out to potential eyewitnesses for information.
“The MTA asks that any eyewitnesses to this incident call the MTA PD Communications Center at (718) 361-2207 and ask for the on-call detective supervisor,” said Donovan in a statement.
- 1 Police: Bridgeport Man Was Dead When Moved To Spot In Westport
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Westport Police Investigate 'Suspicious’ Death Of Bridgeport Man