DARIEN, Conn. - The man who was struck and killed by a train at the Noroton Heights station Monday morning has been identified as Kevin Murphy, 55, of Darien, according to Metro-North.
There is currently no information on how Murphy got on to the tracks, according to MTA spokesperson Aaron Donovan. The incident is being investigated by MTA police.
Murphy was hit just before 6:30 a.m. by a train that had departed New Haven at 5:38 a.m. The accident temporarily shut down all eastbound service at the Noroton Heights, Darien and Rowayton stations. Service was resumed late Monday morning.
- 1 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport
- 4 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport