WESTPORT, Conn. – A 34-year-old Bridgeport man who was found asleep behind the wheel of a car in Westport was arrested on a drunken driving charge after his blood-alcohol level measured over two-times the legal limit, police said.
Officers were called to the intersection of Sherwood Island Connector and Post Road East on a report of a person sleeping in a stopped car. When officers arrived, they found Moises Bonilla asleep behind the wheel, with his seatbelt on, police said. The keys were in the ignition, the engine was idling and the car was in gear, the police report said.
When Bonilla woke up, police said his speech was slurred and his breath smelled of alcohol. He failed field sobriety tests and the results of his breath test were .2018 and .1906, police said.
Bonilla was released on $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 31.
- 1 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Westport