WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies