WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Westport Boasts 5 Elementary Schools In State's Top 10
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Westport; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Staples High School Ranked Third-Best In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Beware Of Wind Chill, Slippery Roads As Deep Freeze Settles In On Westport