WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 3 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Police: Second Swastika Found At Wilton High School