WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 4 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight