WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Westport