WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 2 Westport Police Arrest Two After Lengthy Narcotics Investigation
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport
- 5 Westport Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm