WESTPORT, Conn. – A 55-year-old Wilton man who is banned from Westport Town Hall was charged with creating a disturbance in one of the town hall offices on Jan. 4, police said.
Prior to the incident, Dale Betts of Tall Trees Lane in Wilton had been warned by Westport police to neither enter town hall nor to have contact with anyone there, police said. It was not specified why Betts had been banned.
As a result of ignoring the department’s warning, Betts was charged with second-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was also issued an infraction for creating a public disturbance.
Betts was later released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 14.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 3 Westport Toddler Receives Blessing, Kiss From Pope Francis
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Westport
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed