WESTPORT, Conn. -- Federal officials have lodged additional charges against a man who was arrested after bringing 4 pounds of ecstasy into Westport on Sunday, June 8, according to thehour.com.
Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested after Westport Police, acting on information that a large amount of narcotics would be traveling through town on Sunday, stopped his vehicle on Treadwell Avenue.
Police seized 4.4 pounds of MDMA, a pure form of the narcotic ecstasy, as well as ecstasy pills.
Gottman was charged with one federal count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute MDMA, thehour.com said.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight