WESTPORT, Conn. -- Federal officials have lodged additional charges against a man who was arrested after bringing 4 pounds of ecstasy into Westport on Sunday, June 8, according to thehour.com.
Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested after Westport Police, acting on information that a large amount of narcotics would be traveling through town on Sunday, stopped his vehicle on Treadwell Avenue.
Police seized 4.4 pounds of MDMA, a pure form of the narcotic ecstasy, as well as ecstasy pills.
Gottman was charged with one federal count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute MDMA, thehour.com said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Westport On Wednesday
- 2 Westport Parents Transform Sidewalk With Chalk Messages Of Kindness
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y