WESTPORT, Conn. -- Federal officials have lodged additional charges against a man who was arrested after bringing 4 pounds of ecstasy into Westport on Sunday, June 8, according to thehour.com.
Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested after Westport Police, acting on information that a large amount of narcotics would be traveling through town on Sunday, stopped his vehicle on Treadwell Avenue.
Police seized 4.4 pounds of MDMA, a pure form of the narcotic ecstasy, as well as ecstasy pills.
Gottman was charged with one federal count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute MDMA, thehour.com said.
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich