WESTPORT, Conn. -- Federal officials have lodged additional charges against a man who was arrested after bringing 4 pounds of ecstasy into Westport on Sunday, June 8, according to thehour.com.
Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested after Westport Police, acting on information that a large amount of narcotics would be traveling through town on Sunday, stopped his vehicle on Treadwell Avenue.
Police seized 4.4 pounds of MDMA, a pure form of the narcotic ecstasy, as well as ecstasy pills.
Gottman was charged with one federal count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute MDMA, thehour.com said.
- 1 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'