WESTPORT, Conn. -- Federal officials have lodged additional charges against a man who was arrested after bringing 4 pounds of ecstasy into Westport on Sunday, June 8, according to thehour.com.
Gregory Gottman, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested after Westport Police, acting on information that a large amount of narcotics would be traveling through town on Sunday, stopped his vehicle on Treadwell Avenue.
Police seized 4.4 pounds of MDMA, a pure form of the narcotic ecstasy, as well as ecstasy pills.
Gottman was charged with one federal count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute MDMA, thehour.com said.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight