WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport firefighters doused a blaze that erupted Thursday in a mound of hay bales being used as a sound barrier between a Weston Road construction site and a neighboring home, fire officials said.
Firefighters were called to the site at 12:30 p.m. A spark from a power tool is believed to have started the fire, Assistant Fire Chief Larry Conklin said in a statement.
“The public is reminded to use extreme caution with the current low humidity and dry outside environmental conditions,” Conklin said in the statement. “Fires can start easily and spread quickly.”
The hay barrier contained about 100 to 150 bales, Conklin said. No injuries were reported.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.