WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Police charged an Easton man with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers on Sunday, police said.
Steven Batis, 57, was intoxicated with he struck the man, police said. Batis then became combative with officers when they arrived on the scene, according to police.
Batis was charged with third-degree assault, first-degree breach of peace and first-degree interfering with an officer. He was held on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, July 30, Westport Police said.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport