WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Police charged an Easton man with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers on Sunday, police said.
Steven Batis, 57, was intoxicated with he struck the man, police said. Batis then became combative with officers when they arrived on the scene, according to police.
Batis was charged with third-degree assault, first-degree breach of peace and first-degree interfering with an officer. He was held on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, July 30, Westport Police said.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team
- 4 Family Dietitian Greenspun Opens New Westport Location
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Westport, NOAA Predicts