WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Police charged an Easton man with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers on Sunday, police said.
Steven Batis, 57, was intoxicated with he struck the man, police said. Batis then became combative with officers when they arrived on the scene, according to police.
Batis was charged with third-degree assault, first-degree breach of peace and first-degree interfering with an officer. He was held on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, July 30, Westport Police said.
- 1 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident