WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Police charged an Easton man with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers on Sunday, police said.
Steven Batis, 57, was intoxicated with he struck the man, police said. Batis then became combative with officers when they arrived on the scene, according to police.
Batis was charged with third-degree assault, first-degree breach of peace and first-degree interfering with an officer. He was held on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, July 30, Westport Police said.
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield