WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Police charged an Easton man with hitting a man who was trying to help him and his girlfriend and then becoming combative with officers on Sunday, police said.
Steven Batis, 57, was intoxicated with he struck the man, police said. Batis then became combative with officers when they arrived on the scene, according to police.
Batis was charged with third-degree assault, first-degree breach of peace and first-degree interfering with an officer. He was held on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, July 30, Westport Police said.
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich