WESTPORT, Conn. – A driver was hospitalized with leg and ankle injuries Friday morning after his SUV crashed into a tree on the Merritt Parkway in Westport, fire officials reported.
The accident happened at approximately 10 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 on the northbound side, Assistant Fire Chief William Dingee said in a statement.
Emergency crews found a Ford Escape had struck a tree and was heavily damaged, Dingee said.
The driver was taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital by Westport EMS and the vehicle was towed away by Westport Service Center, Dingee said.
Fluids spilled in the crash were cleaned up by firefighters and the scene was cleared at approximately 10:34 a.m.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Democrats Turn Out Early In Westport To Support Hillary Clinton
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal