WESTPORT, Conn. – A driver was hospitalized with leg and ankle injuries Friday morning after his SUV crashed into a tree on the Merritt Parkway in Westport, fire officials reported.
The accident happened at approximately 10 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 on the northbound side, Assistant Fire Chief William Dingee said in a statement.
Emergency crews found a Ford Escape had struck a tree and was heavily damaged, Dingee said.
The driver was taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital by Westport EMS and the vehicle was towed away by Westport Service Center, Dingee said.
Fluids spilled in the crash were cleaned up by firefighters and the scene was cleared at approximately 10:34 a.m.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Westport, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Family Dietitian Greenspun Opens New Westport Location