WESTPORT, Conn. – A driver was hospitalized with leg and ankle injuries Friday morning after his SUV crashed into a tree on the Merritt Parkway in Westport, fire officials reported.
The accident happened at approximately 10 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 on the northbound side, Assistant Fire Chief William Dingee said in a statement.
Emergency crews found a Ford Escape had struck a tree and was heavily damaged, Dingee said.
The driver was taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital by Westport EMS and the vehicle was towed away by Westport Service Center, Dingee said.
Fluids spilled in the crash were cleaned up by firefighters and the scene was cleared at approximately 10:34 a.m.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Supporters Gather In Westport To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Brush Fire Reported Near Metro-North Tracks In Westport