WESTPORT, Conn. – A coyote in the road apparently caused a fiery two-car crash Wednesday morning.on the Merritt Parkway in Westport.
The drivers involved in the accident said they both hit a coyote that had wandered onto the road, according to Westport Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar.
One of the cars involved in the accident caught on fire. Westport firefighters extinguished the flames, and neither driver was injured, Kepchar said.
The accident happened at about 7:30 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 northbound and was cleared by 8:30 a.m., Kepchar said. Connecticut State Police were investigating.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather In Westport To Hear From Bernie Sanders