WESTPORT, Conn. – A coyote in the road apparently caused a fiery two-car crash Wednesday morning.on the Merritt Parkway in Westport.
The drivers involved in the accident said they both hit a coyote that had wandered onto the road, according to Westport Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar.
One of the cars involved in the accident caught on fire. Westport firefighters extinguished the flames, and neither driver was injured, Kepchar said.
The accident happened at about 7:30 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 northbound and was cleared by 8:30 a.m., Kepchar said. Connecticut State Police were investigating.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport