WESTPORT, Conn. – A coyote in the road apparently caused a fiery two-car crash Wednesday morning.on the Merritt Parkway in Westport.
The drivers involved in the accident said they both hit a coyote that had wandered onto the road, according to Westport Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar.
One of the cars involved in the accident caught on fire. Westport firefighters extinguished the flames, and neither driver was injured, Kepchar said.
The accident happened at about 7:30 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 northbound and was cleared by 8:30 a.m., Kepchar said. Connecticut State Police were investigating.
- 1 Police: Bridgeport Man Was Dead When Moved To Spot In Westport
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 New York City Buyer Purchases Office Building On Westport's Post Road West
- 4 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say