WESTPORT, Conn. – A coyote in the road apparently caused a fiery two-car crash Wednesday morning.on the Merritt Parkway in Westport.
The drivers involved in the accident said they both hit a coyote that had wandered onto the road, according to Westport Deputy Fire Chief Robert Kepchar.
One of the cars involved in the accident caught on fire. Westport firefighters extinguished the flames, and neither driver was injured, Kepchar said.
The accident happened at about 7:30 a.m. between exits 42 and 44 northbound and was cleared by 8:30 a.m., Kepchar said. Connecticut State Police were investigating.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 IRS Warns Westport Residents Of Phone Scam