WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man from Beverly Hills, Calif., was arrested on breach of peace charges early Saturday, July 12, after he got into a fight at a Westport restaurant, police said.
The incident began when William Bennewitz, 27, approached a female patron at Viva Zapata Restaurant, 530 Riverside Ave., at 2:30 a.m., made lewd comments to her and then spit on her, according to a police report.
Her boyfriend then confronted Bennewitz, and a physical altercation ensued, police said.
Bennewitz was charged with breach of peace and given a court date of Tuesday, July 22, in Norwalk Superior Court, and released after posting $500 bond.
The woman's boyfriend was issued a summons on a charge of breach of peace, released at the scene and given a court date of July 22.
- 1 Westport Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast