WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man from Beverly Hills, Calif., was arrested on breach of peace charges early Saturday, July 12, after he got into a fight at a Westport restaurant, police said.
The incident began when William Bennewitz, 27, approached a female patron at Viva Zapata Restaurant, 530 Riverside Ave., at 2:30 a.m., made lewd comments to her and then spit on her, according to a police report.
Her boyfriend then confronted Bennewitz, and a physical altercation ensued, police said.
Bennewitz was charged with breach of peace and given a court date of Tuesday, July 22, in Norwalk Superior Court, and released after posting $500 bond.
The woman's boyfriend was issued a summons on a charge of breach of peace, released at the scene and given a court date of July 22.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Westport
- 2 Westport Investment Adviser Who Defrauded Clients Gets One Year In Prison
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Westport