WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man from Beverly Hills, Calif., was arrested on breach of peace charges early Saturday, July 12, after he got into a fight at a Westport restaurant, police said.
The incident began when William Bennewitz, 27, approached a female patron at Viva Zapata Restaurant, 530 Riverside Ave., at 2:30 a.m., made lewd comments to her and then spit on her, according to a police report.
Her boyfriend then confronted Bennewitz, and a physical altercation ensued, police said.
Bennewitz was charged with breach of peace and given a court date of Tuesday, July 22, in Norwalk Superior Court, and released after posting $500 bond.
The woman's boyfriend was issued a summons on a charge of breach of peace, released at the scene and given a court date of July 22.
- 1 Westport Man, 35, Arrested On Drug Charges After Traffic Stop
- 2 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 3 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 4 Westport Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 5 Greenwich Announces Middle School Principal Is Moving To Westport Job