Contact Us
Westport Daily Voice serves Weston & Westport
Return to your home site

Menu

Westport Daily Voice serves Weston & Westport

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Bathroom Fire Damages Westport Home

WESTPORT, Conn. – The occupants of a home on Broadview Road in Westport escaped injury Monday night after a fire erupted in one of the home’s bathrooms, Assistant Westport Fire Chief Larry Conklin said.

The fire broke out at approximately 7:19 p.m. in a first floor bathroom, which was undergoing renovations, Conklin said. The home’s occupants were already outside when firefighters arrived and smoke was seen coming from the rear of the building, Conklin said.

The fire was quickly extinguished and fans were used to clear the home of smoke, Conklin said. The fire marshal’s office was called to investigate and the scene was cleared by 8:34 p.m., he said.

Conklin said the home had working smoke detectors, which were monitored by a security company.

“The alarm company called in the initial problem to the fire department,” Conklin said. “This is a reminder to all home owners to have some type of operating smoke detectors in their residence.”

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Westport Daily Voice!

Serves Weston & Westport

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.