WESTPORT, Conn. – Wilton Road at Post Road West and Kings Highway North in Westport will be closed for an “extended period of time” after a delivery truck backed into a utility pole, Westport Police Capt. John Calka reported.
The delivery truck snapped the utility pole and brought down power lines, causing a small fire, Calka said in a statement. The fire was extinguished, but power is out in the area of the accident. No one was injured.
The road will be closed as crews work to repair the utility pole. Drivers are asked to avoid that area until further notice.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 3 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy