WESTPORT, Conn. – Wilton Road at Post Road West and Kings Highway North in Westport will be closed for an “extended period of time” after a delivery truck backed into a utility pole, Westport Police Capt. John Calka reported.
The delivery truck snapped the utility pole and brought down power lines, causing a small fire, Calka said in a statement. The fire was extinguished, but power is out in the area of the accident. No one was injured.
The road will be closed as crews work to repair the utility pole. Drivers are asked to avoid that area until further notice.
- 1 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 2 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Westport