WESTPORT, Conn. – Wilton Road at Post Road West and Kings Highway North in Westport will be closed for an “extended period of time” after a delivery truck backed into a utility pole, Westport Police Capt. John Calka reported.
The delivery truck snapped the utility pole and brought down power lines, causing a small fire, Calka said in a statement. The fire was extinguished, but power is out in the area of the accident. No one was injured.
The road will be closed as crews work to repair the utility pole. Drivers are asked to avoid that area until further notice.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Where To Eat Out In And Around Westport On Thanksgiving
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo