WESTPORT, Conn. – Wilton Road at Post Road West and Kings Highway North in Westport will be closed for an “extended period of time” after a delivery truck backed into a utility pole, Westport Police Capt. John Calka reported.
The delivery truck snapped the utility pole and brought down power lines, causing a small fire, Calka said in a statement. The fire was extinguished, but power is out in the area of the accident. No one was injured.
The road will be closed as crews work to repair the utility pole. Drivers are asked to avoid that area until further notice.
- 1 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7