WESTPORT, Conn. – Wilton Road at Post Road West and Kings Highway North in Westport will be closed for an “extended period of time” after a delivery truck backed into a utility pole, Westport Police Capt. John Calka reported.
The delivery truck snapped the utility pole and brought down power lines, causing a small fire, Calka said in a statement. The fire was extinguished, but power is out in the area of the accident. No one was injured.
The road will be closed as crews work to repair the utility pole. Drivers are asked to avoid that area until further notice.
- 1 Westport Man, 35, Arrested On Drug Charges After Traffic Stop
- 2 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 3 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 4 Westport Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 5 Greenwich Announces Middle School Principal Is Moving To Westport Job