WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To The Editor:
Regarding the upcoming selectman elections in Westport, I wanted to represent to the community the important social values and action of the team of Jim Marpe as First Selectman and Avi Kaner, running for Second Selectmen. Jim's community involvement is well known, and appreciated.
I'd like to share my experience with Avi. In my recent, long-term professional capacity as a philanthropic adviser at Save the Children, it was my pleasure and honor to work with Avi as he hosted an annual golf tournament benefiting this leading global humanitarian organization, based in Westport. Cumulative giving from this event represents $135,000 over several years, based on Avi's steadfast commitment.
Currently the Chairman of the Board of Finance in Westport, Avi's business and financial acumen are well known and respected. His compassionate values and action, represented by his long-term, real support for children in dire need in the U.S. and globally, is just one example of what makes Avi a strong candidate for a new Selectman team for Westport.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 3 Power Outages Repaired In Westport After Storm
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola