WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To The Editor:
Regarding the upcoming selectman elections in Westport, I wanted to represent to the community the important social values and action of the team of Jim Marpe as First Selectman and Avi Kaner, running for Second Selectmen. Jim's community involvement is well known, and appreciated.
I'd like to share my experience with Avi. In my recent, long-term professional capacity as a philanthropic adviser at Save the Children, it was my pleasure and honor to work with Avi as he hosted an annual golf tournament benefiting this leading global humanitarian organization, based in Westport. Cumulative giving from this event represents $135,000 over several years, based on Avi's steadfast commitment.
Currently the Chairman of the Board of Finance in Westport, Avi's business and financial acumen are well known and respected. His compassionate values and action, represented by his long-term, real support for children in dire need in the U.S. and globally, is just one example of what makes Avi a strong candidate for a new Selectman team for Westport.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 Staples High Junior Honored For His 'Commercial Activism'
- 4 Westport Votes Down Senior Housing Plans At Baron's South
- 5 Parking Permit Changes, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In Westport