WESTPORT, Conn. – Cameron James Howe of Westport died Sept. 6 in Santa Barbara, Calif. He was 20.
Born in Manhattan, he and his family are longtime residents of Westport. He attended high school at Stratton Mountain School in Vermont, where he graduated with honors while competing as a nationally ranked snowboarder.
Howe attended the University of California at Santa Barbara and would have been a junior in the fall. Cameron lived more in his 20 years than most live in a long lifetime, his family said.
He is survived by his parents, Jim and Patti Howe; his sister, Caroline Howe; his paternal grandparents, Phylis and Burdette Howe, of Ellington, N.Y.; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
He was predeceased by his maternal grandparents, Mary and Angelo Peccini.
A service celebrating his life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Greens Farm Church in Westport. A casual reception will follow the service at the church. Burial will be private. Spear-Miller Funeral Home in Fairfield is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to STOKED Mentoring.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 17 Soundview Drive Is The Westport Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 3 Westport Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Happy Birthday To Westport’s Nile Rodgers
- 5 Westport's First Selectman To Unveil Electric Vehicle Charging Station