WESTPORT, Conn. – Cameron James Howe of Westport died Sept. 6 in Santa Barbara, Calif. He was 20.
Born in Manhattan, he and his family are longtime residents of Westport. He attended high school at Stratton Mountain School in Vermont, where he graduated with honors while competing as a nationally ranked snowboarder.
Howe attended the University of California at Santa Barbara and would have been a junior in the fall. Cameron lived more in his 20 years than most live in a long lifetime, his family said.
He is survived by his parents, Jim and Patti Howe; his sister, Caroline Howe; his paternal grandparents, Phylis and Burdette Howe, of Ellington, N.Y.; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
He was predeceased by his maternal grandparents, Mary and Angelo Peccini.
A service celebrating his life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Greens Farm Church in Westport. A casual reception will follow the service at the church. Burial will be private. Spear-Miller Funeral Home in Fairfield is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to STOKED Mentoring.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport
- 5 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station