WESTPORT, Conn. - Raymond Joseph Armstrong of Westport died Thursday, Feb. 21. He was 87.
Armstrong was born on June 23, 1925 in Providence, R.I. to Anna Josephine and Joseph Raymond Armstrong. After their deaths in his youth, he was raised by his aunt and uncle, May and James Armstrong, also of Providence.
Armstrong was a graduate of Classical High School in Providence, Brown University and the Harvard Business School. He served in the Navy in the Second World War as Lieutenant in the Pacific Theater and participated in the liberation of the Philippine Islands.
His employers included Owens Corning, Starwood Corporation, Geneve and Armstrong-Shaw Associates.
Armstrong is survived by his children, James R (Gail); Terry of Brighton, MA; Sean of Westport; Siobhan of New York, N.Y.; Dan of Braintree, Mass; and Kerry (Andrew) Cheney of Washington D.C.; three grandchildren; his partner of 10 years, Regina Brauer, also of Westport; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased by his wife, Joyce in 1951; his wife of 49 years, Maureen in 2003; as well as sisters: Ann Helene Whelan, Hope Sharman and Norma Lodge.
Calling hours will be at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield on March 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial at St. Luke’s Church in Westport will be held on March 2 at 11 a.m. directly followed by interment at Assumption Cemetery with Military Honors.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued