WESTPORT, Conn. – Lillian "Rita" Geddes Cotter of Westport died Jan. 6 at Norwalk Hospital. She was 91.
Born Dec. 15, 1921, in Staten Island, N.Y., she was the daughter of John and Lillian Geddes. A lifelong Westport area resident, she was married to Edward F. Cotter, who predeceased her. Cotter was a longtime parishioner of St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Fairfield.
She is survived by two children, Patricia A. (Jack) Crespi, of Milford, and Edward T. (Catherine) Cotter, of Landenberg, Pa.; and three grandchildren, a great-grandson, a sister-in-law and several nieces and nephews. Cotter was predeceased by a daughter, Pamela R. Cotter; and five brothers.
Funeral services and burial will be private. Spear-Miller Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 3 Power Outages Repaired In Westport After Storm
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola