WESTPORT, Conn. - Irene Breeden , a 35 year-resident of Westport, died Aug. 13. She was 74.
Breeden was born Nov. 16, 1938, in Floral Park, N.Y. to Vincent and Marion O’Grady. She lived in Long Island, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Avon Conn., and Kansas prior to living in Westport. She graduated from Sewanhaka High School in Floral Park and then worked in New York as an administrative assistant at J.C. Penney’s Headquarters.
Breeden is survived by her husband, Jack; sons, John (Theresa) of Kansas, Patrick (Jackie) of Hawaii, James (Jackie) of Westport; daughters, Deborah Giannotto of Warren, Vt., Cynthia of Westport; 10 grandchildren; brother, Phillip Gribbons (Ann) of Floral Park; bother-in-law, Jerry (Margaret) of California; nieces and nephews; and many cousins.
A service by the family will be held Friday, Aug. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave, Norwalk. Prayers and blessings will also end at that time.
Donations in Breeden’s name may be made to Our Vision or to an Animal Charity of their choice.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Westport Man Charged With Failing To Register On Sex Offender List
- 3 Westport Man Charged With Strangling His Wife
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director