WESTPORT, Conn. - Irene Breeden , a 35 year-resident of Westport, died Aug. 13. She was 74.
Breeden was born Nov. 16, 1938, in Floral Park, N.Y. to Vincent and Marion O’Grady. She lived in Long Island, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Avon Conn., and Kansas prior to living in Westport. She graduated from Sewanhaka High School in Floral Park and then worked in New York as an administrative assistant at J.C. Penney’s Headquarters.
Breeden is survived by her husband, Jack; sons, John (Theresa) of Kansas, Patrick (Jackie) of Hawaii, James (Jackie) of Westport; daughters, Deborah Giannotto of Warren, Vt., Cynthia of Westport; 10 grandchildren; brother, Phillip Gribbons (Ann) of Floral Park; bother-in-law, Jerry (Margaret) of California; nieces and nephews; and many cousins.
A service by the family will be held Friday, Aug. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave, Norwalk. Prayers and blessings will also end at that time.
Donations in Breeden’s name may be made to Our Vision or to an Animal Charity of their choice.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview