WESTPORT, Conn. - Irene Breeden , a 35 year-resident of Westport, died Aug. 13. She was 74.
Breeden was born Nov. 16, 1938, in Floral Park, N.Y. to Vincent and Marion O’Grady. She lived in Long Island, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Avon Conn., and Kansas prior to living in Westport. She graduated from Sewanhaka High School in Floral Park and then worked in New York as an administrative assistant at J.C. Penney’s Headquarters.
Breeden is survived by her husband, Jack; sons, John (Theresa) of Kansas, Patrick (Jackie) of Hawaii, James (Jackie) of Westport; daughters, Deborah Giannotto of Warren, Vt., Cynthia of Westport; 10 grandchildren; brother, Phillip Gribbons (Ann) of Floral Park; bother-in-law, Jerry (Margaret) of California; nieces and nephews; and many cousins.
A service by the family will be held Friday, Aug. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave, Norwalk. Prayers and blessings will also end at that time.
Donations in Breeden’s name may be made to Our Vision or to an Animal Charity of their choice.
- 1 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'