WESTPORT, Conn. - Irene Breeden , a 35 year-resident of Westport, died Aug. 13. She was 74.
Breeden was born Nov. 16, 1938, in Floral Park, N.Y. to Vincent and Marion O’Grady. She lived in Long Island, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Avon Conn., and Kansas prior to living in Westport. She graduated from Sewanhaka High School in Floral Park and then worked in New York as an administrative assistant at J.C. Penney’s Headquarters.
Breeden is survived by her husband, Jack; sons, John (Theresa) of Kansas, Patrick (Jackie) of Hawaii, James (Jackie) of Westport; daughters, Deborah Giannotto of Warren, Vt., Cynthia of Westport; 10 grandchildren; brother, Phillip Gribbons (Ann) of Floral Park; bother-in-law, Jerry (Margaret) of California; nieces and nephews; and many cousins.
A service by the family will be held Friday, Aug. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave, Norwalk. Prayers and blessings will also end at that time.
Donations in Breeden’s name may be made to Our Vision or to an Animal Charity of their choice.
- 1 Westport Man, 35, Arrested On Drug Charges After Traffic Stop
- 2 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 3 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 4 Westport Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 5 Greenwich Announces Middle School Principal Is Moving To Westport Job