ALPHARETTA, Ga. - Helen Parillo of Alpharetta, formerly of Westport, died Saturday, Sept. 14. She was 91.
Parillo was born May 21, 1922, in New Canaan, Conn., daughter of Joseph and Carmella (Digiddio) Bonis. She was a resident of Westport for over 50 years before she moved to Alpharetta six months ago. She was a longtime member of the Joseph J. Clinton V.F.W. Post 399 Ladies Auxiliary and the St. Ann's Club. She volunteered at many places including The Westport Women's Club, Norwalk Hospital, The Westport Senior Center and Westport Town Hall. She also worked at Caldor's for over 20 years.
Parillo is survived by her sons, Joseph Parillo (Judith) of Redding, Conn., and Robert Hotchkiss (Sharon) of Alpharetta; sister, Peggy Migliaccio; four grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph Parillo; brothers, Tony Bonis, George Bonis, Casmiere Bonis and Orain Ready; and sisters, Ann Leone and Loretta Stonecypher.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Sept. 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Harding Funeral Home 210 Post Road East, Westport. Funeral service will be held Thursday, Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. meeting directly at Assumption Church 98 Riverside Ave., Westport, for a Mass of Christian Burial. Interment will follow in Willowbrook Cemetery 395 Main St. Westport.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 5 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday