WESTPORT, Conn. – Hazel Pruitt Baldwin, a 60-year Westport resident, died Jan. 26 at Laurel Ridge in Ridgefield. She was 99.
Baldwin was born March 31, 1913, in Wendell, N.C., to William Crawford and Nina Rhoads Pruitt. She moved to Washington, D.C., and met and married Marshall Baldwin on Dec. 6, 1940.
She worked at the Chevy Chase Building and Loan and then became a Navy wife when her husband joined the service. She later worked for the United Fund of Westport and Weston.
Baldwin later became a homemaker and mother. She was an active member of the P.E.O. Sisterhood and the Westport Women’s Club. A parishioner of Saugatuck Congregational Church, she served on the board of deacons and on several other committees.
She is survived by a son, Randall Baldwin, of Ridgefield, and Stephen Baldwin, of Rochester, N.Y.; a sister, Ruth Roundy, of Rockville, Md.; two grandsons and four great-grandchildren. Her husband predeceased her.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at Green’s Farms Congregational Church. Harding Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to Saugatuck Church Evergreen Cemetery Fund or Cape Cares Central American Relief.
- 1 Westport Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued