WESTPORT, Conn. – Hazel Pruitt Baldwin, a 60-year Westport resident, died Jan. 26 at Laurel Ridge in Ridgefield. She was 99.
Baldwin was born March 31, 1913, in Wendell, N.C., to William Crawford and Nina Rhoads Pruitt. She moved to Washington, D.C., and met and married Marshall Baldwin on Dec. 6, 1940.
She worked at the Chevy Chase Building and Loan and then became a Navy wife when her husband joined the service. She later worked for the United Fund of Westport and Weston.
Baldwin later became a homemaker and mother. She was an active member of the P.E.O. Sisterhood and the Westport Women’s Club. A parishioner of Saugatuck Congregational Church, she served on the board of deacons and on several other committees.
She is survived by a son, Randall Baldwin, of Ridgefield, and Stephen Baldwin, of Rochester, N.Y.; a sister, Ruth Roundy, of Rockville, Md.; two grandsons and four great-grandchildren. Her husband predeceased her.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at Green’s Farms Congregational Church. Harding Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to Saugatuck Church Evergreen Cemetery Fund or Cape Cares Central American Relief.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Westport, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich