BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Harriet Hiller Lebish of Bridgeport, formerly of Westport, died June 30. She was 75.
Lebish was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Edmond and Janette Shiller. She was raised in the Bronx, where she graduated from Taft High School. She attended City College, University of Wisconsin, and George Washington University before graduating cum laude with her Bachelor Degree in Art History from University of Bridgeport. She was a resident in Westport for many years recently moving to Bridgeport. During her career, she owned and operated Armstrong Art Gallery in New York City for several years. She contributed regularly to the New York Times, Norwalk Hour, Connecticut Post, and Westport News. She was an art history professor for both Housatonic Community College and Sacred Heart University.
Lebish is survived by her children, James Lebish, of Portland, Maine, Scott Lebish, of Bridgeport, Johanna Griffing (Thomas) of Wallingford, Peter Lebish (Beth) of Pocassett, Mass.; seven grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and former husband, Dr. Irwin Lebish, of Westport. She was predeceased by her parents.
A Memorial service will be celebrated at 1:30 p.m. July 26 at the Unitarian Church of Westport, 10 Lyons Plains Road, Westport.
For more information, please visit: www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard