WESTPORT, Conn. - Gerald F. Murray of Westport, formerly of Rye, N.Y., died June 8. He was 86.
Murray was born Jan. 23, 1918, in New Rochelle, N.Y., the son of Thomas and Anna Murray. He was a U.S. Navy veteran.
Murray is survived by his wife, Bette; son, Thomas Murray; daughters, Eileen Murray (Zachary) Djimas, Maureen Murray and Patricia Johnson; seven grandchildren; and sister, Dorothy Murray. He was predeceased by his parents; son, Raymond Murray; brothers Thomas and Donald Murray; and sister, Marie Murray.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, June 16, at Assumption Church, 98 Riverside Ave., Westport. Interment with full military honors will follow in Greenwood Union cemetery in Rye.
Contributions in memory of Murray may be made to Chaifetz Hospice 175 Jefferson St., Fairfield, CT 06825.
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westport Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter