WESTPORT, Conn. - Federick E. Kellogg, longtime Westport resident, formerly of New Canaan and Norwalk, died Friday, Aug. 15. He was 77.
Kellogg was born Dec. 3, 1936. He lived his early years in New Canaan, Norwalk and Long Island. In 1950, he and his family moved to Westport where he enrolled at Staples High School, graduating in 1954. Following graduation, he served in the U.S. Navy from 1954 to 1957 as a 2nd class petty officer stationed in Barcelona, Spain and Norfolk, Va. In 1961 he began a distinguished career in law enforcement at the Westport police department working in the patrol and marine division before retiring in 1996 as a sergeant and training officer. Since his retirement, he continued to work part-time as a special police officer in Westport. Fred enhanced his career by earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement from Iona College in addition to an Associate’s Degree in Business and Accounting from Norwalk Community College in 1976. He worked for many years with the Westport PAL Program, the Westport PBA and The Knights of Columbus.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 23 at Assumption Church, 98 Riverside Ave., Westport. Interment will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 2 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Opening Of CrossFit Westport Top Week's News