WESTPORT, Conn. - Cecile (Bergman) Brody of Westport died Tuesday, Aug. 19. She was 88.
Brody was born and raised in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Henrietta and Benjamin Bergman. She began her professional career during the 1940s, as a dancer with the ballet ensemble of the New York City Center Opera Company. Throughout the late 50s and early 60s, she continued to dance with the Andre Eglevsky Ballet School Company, and choreographed ballet portions of Broadway Musicals for Long Island regional theater productions. She returned to school at New York's FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology). Her designs were featured in The Rag Trades Bible and Women's Wear Daily. In 1979 she moved to Westport and became store manager of Country Gal. She later took over the business, and eventually moved the store to Post Road East, rebranding it CG's Body Shop.
Brody is survived by her husband, Sam; daughter, Jill; and son, Adam.
A celebration of her life will be held Friday, Aug. 22 at 11 a.m. from the Abraham L Green and Son Funeral Home, 88 Beach Road, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Brody’s name to your favorite charity.
- 1 Westport Man Charged With Failing To Register On Sex Offender List
- 2 Westport Man Charged With Strangling His Wife
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal