PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. - Carol Clarkson of Panama City Beach, formerly of Westport, died Thursday, July 31. She was 64.
Clarkson was born Jan. 15, 1950, in New York City, and was the daughter of Alexander and Carmela Tessitore Salemmo. She had been a Florida resident for over 20 years. Before moving to Florida, she was a Westport resident for 20 years. She was a registered nurse.
Clarkson is survived by her husband, Tom; daughter, Cara Clarkson Singer (Joseph) of Norwalk, Conn.; son, Craig Clarkson of Panama City Beach; four grandchildren; brother, Alexander Salemmo (Antonietta) of Queens, N.Y.; sister, Rose Rebori (Daniel) of Huntington, N.Y.; aunt, Mary Scollo of Yonkers, N.Y.; and her nephews, grand-nephews; and several cousins. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 7, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 8, at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 203 East Ave., Norwalk. Interment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery, Hartsdale, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, a donation in Clarkson's name may be made to: The Carcinoid Cancer Foundation 333 Mamaroneck Avenue No. 492 White Plains, NY 10605, online at carcinoid.org or by calling 888-722-3132 or 914-683-1001.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight