WESTPORT, Conn. – Austin Hood, a recent Staples High School graduate, died Oct. 26 in New Orleans. He was 20.
A 2010 graduate of Staples High School, Hood was studying at Loyola University in New Orleans. Hood's family described him as "an extraordinary young man with a loving heart and a hopeful spirit." Hood was a musician known to his family for his sense of humor and sharp wit.
Hood is survived by his father, Jim; his stepmother, Julia; a brother, Sebastian; and two sisters, Brittany and Karalyn.
A memorial service will be held Friday, Nov. 23, at Longshore Country Club in Westport. A remembrance service will be held from 1 to 2 p.m., followed by a reception with food and drinks until 4 p.m., when friends and family can share memories of Hood.
Hood's family has chosen to commit their time and resources to supporting organizations that help young adults deal with the challenges they face growing up. One such organization is the Teen Awareness Group at Staples High School. Memorial donations can be made to the Austin Hood Foundation, P.O. Box 806, Westport, CT 06881.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Bridgeport Pair Charged In 2014 Westport Home Burglary
- 5 Fairfield Police Alerted To Nationwide Gang Threat After Baltimore Protests