WESTPORT, Conn. – Austin Hood, a recent Staples High School graduate, died Oct. 26 in New Orleans. He was 20.
A 2010 graduate of Staples High School, Hood was studying at Loyola University in New Orleans. Hood's family described him as "an extraordinary young man with a loving heart and a hopeful spirit." Hood was a musician known to his family for his sense of humor and sharp wit.
Hood is survived by his father, Jim; his stepmother, Julia; a brother, Sebastian; and two sisters, Brittany and Karalyn.
A memorial service will be held Friday, Nov. 23, at Longshore Country Club in Westport. A remembrance service will be held from 1 to 2 p.m., followed by a reception with food and drinks until 4 p.m., when friends and family can share memories of Hood.
Hood's family has chosen to commit their time and resources to supporting organizations that help young adults deal with the challenges they face growing up. One such organization is the Teen Awareness Group at Staples High School. Memorial donations can be made to the Austin Hood Foundation, P.O. Box 806, Westport, CT 06881.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight