WESTON, Conn. - Here are some of the top stories this week in Weston, Easton and Redding:
- Tom Herrmann will not seek re-election to a fourth term as Easton’s first selectman , citing an increase in work demands. He will be replaced on the November ballot by Adam Dunsby, chairman of the Easton Board of Education and the Republican Town Committee.
- Bruce Alan Daigh , a senior partner in the New York office of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and a Weston resident, died at the age of 57 on Sept. 4.
- Weston Police Chief John Troxell is looking to institute a multipronged initiative to stop distracted driving in town.
- Weston's youth soccer teams came together to play in honor of the memory of their friend and teammate, 12-year-old AJ Cina, who died in a bike accident in July in Wilton.
- The Weston Library will be hosting a screening of the controversial documentary "The United States of ALEC" with a question-and-answer session afterward on Tuesday, Sept. 17.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.