WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport Schools Superintendent Elliott Landon brought home more than $287,800 last year, making him the top overall earner in Westport among school district and municipal employees, salary information released Tuesday shows.
The list of the highest paid Westport employees is dominated by school administrators. Assistant Superintendent Nancy Harris, who made more than $205,300 last year, ranks as the second-highest earner in town.
Lisbeth Comm, director of secondary education, comes in third at more than $182,000. The fourth-highest salary went to Cynthia Gilchrest, director of elementary education, who raked in more than $178,000.
Police Officer Anthony Prezioso was fifth at more than $173,000. A field training officer, Prezioso was the top earner outside of the school system.
Police officers and firefighters mostly make up the list of the Top 50 municipal earners . However, their total wages are a combination of base salary, overtime, holiday pay and other stipends, and in some cases, outside jobs, which are not paid by the town.
Prezioso’s base salary, for example, was $76,636, but he earned more than $96,000 in addition to that.
Coming in at No. 6 was Field Training Officer Howard Simpson, who earned $167,752 in total wages.
Simpson is followed by Officer Anthony Falbo, whose total wages were more than $161,000.
Coleytown Middle School Principal Kris Szabo ranks at No. 8, earning more than $159,000. She is followed by Police Lt. Arthur Belile, who made more than $158,900.
Staples High School Principal John Dodig in the 10th-highest earner at more than $158,400.
Here’s a list of the Top 30 overall wages of 2012:
1. Elliott Landon, superintendent: $287,899
2. Nancy Harris, assistant superintendent: $205,344
3. Lisbeth Comm, director of secondary education: $182,087
4. Cynthia Gilchrest, director of elementary education: $178,105
5. Anthony Prezioso, police field training officer: $173,462 (base salary: $76,636)
6. Howard Simpson, police field training officer: $167,752 (base salary: $78,527)
7. Anthony Falbo Jr., police officer: $161,364 (base salary: $75,636)
8. Kris Szabo, principal, Coleytown Middle: $159,493
9. Arthur Belile, police lieutenant: $158,995 (base salary: $110,684)
10. John Dodig, principal, Staples: $158,459
11. Susie DaSilva, principal, Kings Highway: $156,238
12. James Farnen, vice principal, Staples: 155,415
13. John Bayers, principal, Greens Farms: $155,238
14. Natalie Carrignan, director of school technology: $155,238
15. Julie Droller, principal, Saugatuck Elementary: $155,238
16. Michael Jones, principal, Long Lots: $155,238
17. David Gusitsch, K-12 physical education/health coordinator: $155,208
18. Janna Bell, principal, Coleytown Elementary: $150,071
19. Gary Conrad, town finance director: $148,145 (base salary: $147,672)
20. Michael Rizzo, director of pupil services: $146,941
21. Denise Emmerthal, vice principal, Bedford: $145,415
22. Anthony Formato, vice principal, Bedford: $145,415
23. Richard Franzis, vice principal, Staples: $145,415
24. Patrick Micinilio, vice principal, Staples: $145,415
25. Karyn Morgan, vice principal, Staples: $145,415
26. Lauren Pitocco, vice principal, Coleytown Middle: $145,415
27. Matthew Cohen, fire lieutenant: $144,363 (base salary: $82,653)
28. Dale Call, police chief: $143,471 (base salary: $131,437)
29. Michael Gudzik, police officer: $143,278 (base salary: $75, 936)
30. Andrew Kingsbury, fire chief: $143,089 (base salary: $130,059)
To see only the Top 50 municipal earners, click here .
To see only the Top 50 school salaries, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.