WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- Westport students spoke with Westport Daily Voice about the prospect of legalizing marijuana in Conn.
- Actress Jennifer Garner has joined the board of trustees for Westport's Save the Children.
- A 24-year-old Westport man George Kamushaze was arrested after a public disturbance at Bartaco on Wilton Road.
- Staples High School student Zach Effman was selected for a Competitive Summer Internship At MIT.
- A 33-year-old Norwak man Rony Gonzales turned himself in to Westport police on a warrant charging him in the theft of $500 in cash from a person’s coat pocket at the Goodwill store.
- New restaurant “Craft 260” opened at 260 Post Road in Fairfield and serves up craft beer and American comfort food.