WESTPORT, Conn. – Wilton Road in Westport was reopened to traffic at 1:30 a.m. Friday after being closed all day Thursday, police announced.
The roadway was closed between Post Road West and Kings Highway North after a water main ruptured Thursday morning.
Construction crews from Aquarion Water Company and the state Department of Transportation worked through the day and night to repair the problem, police said.
- 1 Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Westport Cars
- 2 Westport Woman, 55, Charged With DUI, Erratic Driving
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 5 Police: Two Busted With Heroin During Motor Vehicle Stop In Westport