WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- Westport’s Sami Jurofsky helped the Ohio State women’s crew team win its second straight national title in Indianapolis.
- After a highway police pursuit from Westport into Fairfield that began over a mismatched license plate, a Bridgeport man Nelson Rivera was arrested on multiple drug, assault and motor vehicle charges.
- A Walgreens pharmacy currently located at 1870 Post Road in Westport plans to move to a new location in Fairfield at 3553 Post Road.
Two new assistant principals Maura S. Fruin and Ashley F. Furnari have been hired by the New Canaan Public Schools for two of the district's elementary schools.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight