WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- More than 30 men, women and children from jumped into the icy waters of the Long Island Sound for the eighth-annual Polar Plunge in Westport to usher in the New Year. The event was organized by a town man.
- South Norwalk's Brewhouse Restaurant will close its doors for good after 20 years in business.
- Weston residents kicked off the New Year at First Night.
- Connecticut's minimum wage increased to $9.15 per hour on Jan. 1.
- Redding siblings donated game consoles to Danbury Hospital to benefit pediatric patients.
- A young man was killed after being thrown from a car in a rollover crash on I-95 in Westport
- Connecticut's Metro-North riders are braced for a fare hike after New Year's Day.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.