WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Easton, Redding and Weston this week:
- Weston resident Matthew Faillace, 33, of Davis Hill Road, faces five to eight years in prison in a drunken driving crash in Norwalk last September that killed his friend, who was a passenger in his Porsche.
- The body of Norwalk resident Mauro Godinez Pineda, 40, who went missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound, was found .
- Weston has been awarded a $225,000 grant from the state to replace the town’s worn soccer/lacrosse field with synthetic turf.
- Weston High School and John Read Middle School in Redding have been named "Schools of Distinction" by the Connecticut Department of Education.
- Redding Town Hall is getting a $19,900 state grant to connect to the high-speed Nutmeg Network.
- A new owner has purchased the Georgetown Saloon and plans to reopen the landmark eatery.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.