WESTON, Conn. -- The Weston Parks & Recreation, along with Fairfield County Bank, will present Weston's Family 4th Celebration 2015 on Saturday, July 4 at Weston Middle School field.
The gates will open at 4:30 p.m. No entry from Lords Highway will be permitted after 7 p.m.; School Road and Route 57 only. Participants are asked to arrive prior to 8 p.m. and avoid the fireworks traffic rush.
The entire July 4 celebration schedule is as follows:
- A mini triathlon for kids and adult beginners will be held from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Register and receive more information at www.trifitness.net .
- Swimming at Bisceglie-Scribner Park will take place (for residents and guests) from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Ticket gates open on School Road at 4:30 p.m. The cost is $20 per car for parking admission or $5 for walk-in admission fee. There is no charge for children 4 and under.
- A barbecue by Calise's Food Market (food and drinks available for purchase) will run from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Westport Community Band will play from 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- The Magic Genie performs from 7:15 p.m. to 9:20 p.m.
- Ticket to Ride, a Beatles tribute band, will perform at 9:20 p.m.
Bring your blanket or chair to enjoy the fireworks. There will be no seating allowed on artificial turf fields. A rain date will be held on July 5. Limited premium parking spaces are available for $25 per car. You must purchase tickets and pre-pay for window permits at the Parks & Recreation office before July 4
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.