WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport 12U All Stars' performance in the Little League World Series continually topped headlines this past week. Here's a look at this and other top stories:
- Following the Aug. 18 victory against Sammamish, Wash., the 12U All Stars experienced their first loss in Wednesday's game against California. However, the team made a dramatic comeback in Friday's game against Sammamish, Wash., winning, 14-13, in extra innings . The team advanced to the U.S. championship game Saturday, in which it lost to Chula Vista, Calif .
- In honor of the All Stars' World Series run, Balducci's Food Lovers Market in Westport created a new sandwich called the Westport Slugger . The sandwich is available through Sept. 21.
- Westport First Selectman Gordon Joseloff announced this week he accepted the recommendation of the Baron's South Committee to hire Jonathan Rose Companies to develop the proposed senior rental housing complex on the Baron's South property. The committee also recommended the property be operated by Freshwater Group and its Watermark Retirement Communities.
- Interstate 95 in Fairfield County was named as one of the 10 most dangerous roads in America by Popular Mechanics magazine.
- Connecticut will see another effect of the Affordable Care Act this October , when the state's healthcare exchange, Access Health CT, goes live.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.