EASTON, Conn. The following is a message from the United Illuminating Co.:
The majority (98 percent) of customers are forecasted to have their power restored by midnight Sunday, Sept. 4. This restoration forecast assumes good weather though Sunday delays for weather will extend restoration on an hour-by-hour basis. The remainder of customers not restored (2 percent) would typically be single households or service locations that have had trees pull the service conductor away from the house. If your service has been disconnected in this way, restoration may take several additional days. If you have overhead service to your home, you should be aware that UI is responsible for the wires from the street to your house. If this wire is down or the meter is damaged, please call UI immediately at 1-800-7CALLUI to report this repair.The customer is responsible for the wires at the point that the wire connects to the house, to the meter and the box containing the meter. If these appear damaged in any way, you'll need to call your own licensed electrician to repair damage before UI can reconnect service. The forecast assumes restoration activities will be executed according to UI's restoration priorities. First Priority* Public safety * Restoration of service to previously designated public emergency service institutions Second Priority* Service restoration to a maximum number of customers in a minimum amount of time using available work forces. Third Priority* The repair and restoration of equipment and lines serving small groups of customers. Fourth Priority* Restoration of service lines to individual homes or buildings.
Efficient restoration is dependent upon our crew's ability to work uninterrupted. Customer inquiries should be directed to the UI Call Center at 1-800-722-5584 .
How much is this storm costing you? Leave your comments in the box below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.