WESTPORT, Conn. – With 2012 coming to an end, The Westport Daily Voice is looking back at some of the year's biggest stories.
Back in April, the communities of Westport and Fairfield mourned the loss of Westport teen Bradley Helt, who died unexpectedly April 9. Bradley, 16, was a junior at Fairfield College Preparatory School and an accomplished swimmer. He was a member of the Fairfield Prep swim team and the Wilton Y Wahoos Swim Club. Before high school, he was also a member of the Westport Weston Family Y Water Rat Team.
Bradley grew up in Westport and attended Long Lots Elementary and Coleytown Middle School before going to Prep.
After news of his death was shared with students at Fairfield Prep and Staples High School, hundreds of students left messages on his Facebook page, many remembering his sense of humor and memorable smile.
Hundreds of people from Westport, Fairfield and beyond turned out for Bradley's funeral service at Christ & Holy Trinity Church in Westport. Not only was the entire sanctuary of the church filled, many more gathered in the church's Great Hall to watch a live video stream of the service.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport