FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop Sunday afternoon in the area and move cross Fairfield County late in the day and at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds are possible, mainly after 2 p.m., with the potential for flash flooding, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the service Sunday morning. There is also a possibility for large hail and tornadoes, according to NBC New York.
Sunday will be a warm and humid day with a high around 85 degrees.
The forecast for Labor Day calls once again for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain possible and a high in the low 80s.
- 1 Westport Man, 35, Arrested On Drug Charges After Traffic Stop
- 2 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 3 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 4 Westport Woman Arrested Twice On Assault, Burglary Charges
- 5 Westport Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In