FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop Sunday afternoon in the area and move cross Fairfield County late in the day and at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds are possible, mainly after 2 p.m., with the potential for flash flooding, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the service Sunday morning. There is also a possibility for large hail and tornadoes, according to NBC New York.
Sunday will be a warm and humid day with a high around 85 degrees.
The forecast for Labor Day calls once again for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain possible and a high in the low 80s.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad