FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop Sunday afternoon in the area and move cross Fairfield County late in the day and at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds are possible, mainly after 2 p.m., with the potential for flash flooding, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the service Sunday morning. There is also a possibility for large hail and tornadoes, according to NBC New York.
Sunday will be a warm and humid day with a high around 85 degrees.
The forecast for Labor Day calls once again for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with heavy rain possible and a high in the low 80s.
- 1 Weston Man Charged With Hitting Pedestrian In Westport
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Westport Police Use K9 Officer To Track Down Fleeing Shoplifting Suspects
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Westport Man Charged With Failing To Register On Sex Offender List