FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect untli 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for Fairfield County, according to the National Weather Service.
At 515 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm was moving through the area.
The storm is capable of producing hail and damaging winds of more than 60 mph.
The storm was located near Ridgefield, south of Danbury, and was moving southeast at 30 mph.
The storm will hit Georgetown and New Canaan by 5:25 p.m. and Wilton and Easton by 5:35 p.m.
Residents are warned to take shelter indoors because of dangers of wind and lightning.
- 1 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 2 Westport Couple To Pay Over $500K For Keeping Furniture From Home Staging
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Westport