FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect untli 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for Fairfield County, according to the National Weather Service.
At 515 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm was moving through the area.
The storm is capable of producing hail and damaging winds of more than 60 mph.
The storm was located near Ridgefield, south of Danbury, and was moving southeast at 30 mph.
The storm will hit Georgetown and New Canaan by 5:25 p.m. and Wilton and Easton by 5:35 p.m.
Residents are warned to take shelter indoors because of dangers of wind and lightning.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team
- 4 Family Dietitian Greenspun Opens New Westport Location
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Westport, NOAA Predicts