FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect untli 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for Fairfield County, according to the National Weather Service.
At 515 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm was moving through the area.
The storm is capable of producing hail and damaging winds of more than 60 mph.
The storm was located near Ridgefield, south of Danbury, and was moving southeast at 30 mph.
The storm will hit Georgetown and New Canaan by 5:25 p.m. and Wilton and Easton by 5:35 p.m.
Residents are warned to take shelter indoors because of dangers of wind and lightning.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Westport
- 2 Westport Investment Adviser Who Defrauded Clients Gets One Year In Prison
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Westport