FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect untli 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for Fairfield County, according to the National Weather Service.
At 515 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm was moving through the area.
The storm is capable of producing hail and damaging winds of more than 60 mph.
The storm was located near Ridgefield, south of Danbury, and was moving southeast at 30 mph.
The storm will hit Georgetown and New Canaan by 5:25 p.m. and Wilton and Easton by 5:35 p.m.
Residents are warned to take shelter indoors because of dangers of wind and lightning.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview