FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect untli 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for Fairfield County, according to the National Weather Service.
At 515 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm was moving through the area.
The storm is capable of producing hail and damaging winds of more than 60 mph.
The storm was located near Ridgefield, south of Danbury, and was moving southeast at 30 mph.
The storm will hit Georgetown and New Canaan by 5:25 p.m. and Wilton and Easton by 5:35 p.m.
Residents are warned to take shelter indoors because of dangers of wind and lightning.
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Westport's Tanen, Higgins Group Realtor, Wins Women's Council's State Honor