WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- Jon Rogers, a longtime resident of Weston, was approved to fill a Republican vacancy on the Building Board of Appeals by the Weston Board of Selectmen at its meeting.
- Connecticut is home to nine billionaires on the 2014 Forbes 400 list , and seven of those rich men reside in Greenwich.
- The Westport-Weston Chamber of Commerce will serve up its signature and special Restaurant Weeks from Sunday, Oct. 5, through Sunday, Oct. 15, as part of the “Eat Local” promotion of area restaurants .
- Metro-North presented a $32 billion spending plan on Wednesday to the MTA Board that included continuing plans to move New Haven Line trains from Grand Central Terminal to Penn Station.
- A 16-person commission of educators assembled by Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy after the Sandy Hook tragedy is calling for more government oversight on home schooling.
- Sandy Hook Elementary School in Monroe was evacuated morning because of a bomb threat .
- The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed a diagnosis of the Ebola virus and has issued a list of important facts to keep residents of Fairfield County and beyond safe.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.